The first week of 2018 is nearly over and I’ve spent a lot of this week reflecting on both the ups and downs of 2017. This has only helped me to focus my attention on what I want to get out of 2018.
I try not to get too personal on social media, as I have a lot of eyes watching everything I post about…and don’t post about. However, due to the nostalgic vibe in the air around this time of the year, I’ll put a wall or two down. We’re all human anyway.
- Self care isn’t selfish, but necessary
- The power of the positive mind is unreal
- Every interaction is not by coincidence – it all happens for a reason
- Break ups are fucking hard
- Labelling yourself as anything at all is unnecessary
- People that love you will do just that, love you – no matter what
- You’ll fight with those closest to you, but the ones that matter will stay by your side in the end
- Asking questions doesn’t make you seem unintelligent. It shows you care enough to do it right the first time.
- Travelling alone teaches you so much more about yourself than you could ever imagine.
- Sophia Amoruso is one of the coolest people ever…and so is Halsey
- There are actually girls out there that want to help each other out – it’s a beautiful thing.
- Leave it to the universe
- Anything can seem like it’s set in stone, fool proof, and 100% going to work out – but that doesn’t mean it will.
- Smiling more actually improves your quality of life in more ways than one.
- That five pounds I obsess over are the cuddly movie nights with pizza, the night out I needed with my girls, the glass of champagne while celebrating little victories, the piece of cake I enjoy on my birthday, and so many other beautiful moments of happiness.
- Take it one day at a time when it comes to work, love, school, my diet…and everything in between
- Write in my planner every day
- Read at least 10 books by 2019
- Spend more time with family
- Reach all the milestones I plan to in terms of my career goals
- Workout at least 5 days a week
- Appreciate every single moment I have doing my #1 passion: cheerleading
- Win NCA for a third time
- Win Worlds for a second time – yep I said it
- Graduate university
- Give thanks to those who deserve it
- Stay humble…while being a badass girlboss
- See more of this beautiful Earth
- Post more consistent content on both my blog and YouTube channel
- Celebrate every little victory
- Stop picking at my face every single day (and other people’s…it’s a weird obsession okay)
- Work on maintaining a clean living space that is more peaceful than chaotic in this crazy, hectic, and fortunate life I live
- Let a wall or two down.